HEALTH CONSCIOUS LUXURY
Your health is given primary consideration in every product we produce, with rigorous EU standards applied to every ingredient, using only organic oils, essential oils and Aloe Vera. All our products are free from animal products, parabens, toxic metals and are never animal tested.
OLD FASHIONED TECHNIQUES INCORPORATING THE LATEST
Drawing upon decades of classic French techniques has allowed Organic Health to become a staple in high-quality natural health and beauty.
Blooms, woods, fruits and spices, are just some of earth's gifts, of which the best are hand-selected for inclusion in the ingredients that undergo the enfleurage and steam distillation process, that although labour intensive, cannot be surpassed as the most effective methods of extracting pure chemical-free parfume.
DEVELOPED BY MASTER AROMA THERAPISTS
We are proud to create products which are 100% free from synthetic fragrances and chemicals, which are so prominent in today's products. Our range is designed not to compete with your perfume of choice, yet will delicately scent your skin with rare and exotic flowers and oils from the far corners of the world including pink lotus, magnolia, rose otto, sandalwood, cypress, vanilla, jasmine, cedar, lemongrass and amber.
NATURE'S ACTIVE INGREDIENTS
Stimulates fibroblast cell renewal - the building blocks of collagen, six to eight times faster than aqua (water).
Vitamin C (Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate): Our most powerful elastin booster, with the side benefit of being a true skin brighter, use under the eyes and over dark spots. Look out for other serums using the L-Ascorbic acid variant which doesn't do this. Our MAP Vitamin C is found in exorbitantly large quantities in "sérum anti-âge".
Jojoba Oil: Rich in Vitamin E is the perfect replacement of the body's own facial oils due to its natural affinity and similarity.
Shea Butter: Shea butter is naturally high in Vitamins A, E and F, boosting skin elasticity.
Macadamia Oil: Excellent absorption properties carry this highly balanced oil's naturally high levels of antioxidants straight into the skin.
DMAE: Reduces facial sagging by strengthening the skin's foundation.
Coq10 (Ubiquinol): A higher grade variant of this antioxidant, 3 times stronger than non-reduced variants, which firms and tightens.
Hyaluronic Acid: A naturally hydrating molecule, plumps and primes the skin to retain up to 1000 times more moisture. Our HA is a natural, safe molecule in no-compromise, industry leading molecule size of 6000DA which penetrates deeper into the skin than standard Hyaluronic Acid.
Alpha Lipoic Acid: A unique ultra-potent antioxidant that helps repair DNA damage caused by skin stress from sun and smoking.
Vitamin C (Ester): The most effective, deeply penetrating form of this powerful antioxidant clearing free radicals from the skin.
Essential Oils: Nature's parfum, they never irritate the skin or the body in the way that synthetics can, a true delight to the senses.
PRESERVATIVE FREE: HOW DO WE DO IT?
How does Organic Health do what nearly all other cosmetic brands can't or won't do? Well, it's complicated so grab a cup of tea and let's talk about product stability.
One of the golden rules in the cosmetic business is shelf life, if retailers can't stock it or keep it on a shelf it's not viable. So to get around this large amounts of preservatives are added so that products can survive in environments which happen to be perfect breeding grounds for bacteria, as well as moulds and fungals. The 4th area of concern with product stability is rancidity, think a nut that has gone off, that is oxidisation of the oil inside the nut, which leads to not only it's bad taste, but also destructive compounds in the nut.
Rogue elements of a cosmetic cream such as these need a few things to thrive mainly oxygen, water as well as sugars or yeasts. Many cosmetic formulas, such as the ones found in department stores or salons, contain so much preservative that they are able to withstand room temperatures or above, for 4 or 5 years without being compromised, that's a lot of preservative to be putting on one's skin.
Consider our skin, it contains good bacteria! Yes, that same preservative which kills the bacteria in your product is slowly weakening your skin with each use and making it more unstable and susceptible to disease and infection as well as all of the potential DNA changes that occur with many of the substances found in cosmetics.
Here we take a little look at life behind the scenes at Organic Health, our manufacturing processes, ethics and what makes us so different from the big brands out there! In brief we focus on meticulous preparation and manufacturing, with a goal of making the freshest cosmetics in the industry, without additives, whilst being safe and bacteria free.
To achieve this we perform a number of difficult steps in a single day, here is a look at the steps in our manufacturing process, you'll see why the other cosmetic companies think what we do is absurdly unpractical as well as being cost-prohibitive!
1. We harvest the Aloe leaves in big batches, the Aloe leaves themselves keep for up to a month without losing their nutrient profiles or going brown, this is great news as we typically perform the Aloe leaf harvest a few days in advance of our batch manufacturing.
2. We cut the leaves and tilt them for at least one hour on a stainless incline. This allows the Aloin to drain out of the leaf. Aloin, the orange-green substance that trickles out of the leaf can be upsetting to some types of skin, after one hour, all of the Aloin has been drained.
3. We split the leaves, scrape and blend the gel in a large stainless sterilised vat.
4. At this point the gel does contain some bacteria as all natural plants do so we begin careful pasteurisation of the gel, this is done at approximately 60c over a long period of time typically 30 minutes up to a few hours depending on batch size. This process kills the bacteria in the gel, but not the 75 important nutrients including polyphenols and saccharides in the gel.
5. After this process is complete, much of the water is depleted from the gel, leaving an entirely rich substance with a completely different pH to regular aloe leaves and/or water bases. This electrolyte-rich substance is not conducive to bacteria growth at all and is the first step to our natural preservation as it reduces the ability of bacteria to multiply.
6. At this point we cool the gel rapidly and prepare the oil emulsion, raising the temperature of the oil component to match the gel.
7. The emulsion is combined using a unique "shearing" method which obliterates the compounds into smaller and smaller particles until stability is achieved. In some of our formulas, we use a small amount of natural plant emulsifier to assist in longer term stability. Some of our recipes use many thick oils and butters which also assist in stability.
8. Once the emulsion is combined we prepare the preservation and fragrance component which consists of at least 24 different natural essential oils, isolates and absolutes. Some of our essential oil isolates have been tweaked to harbour higher levels of compounds which inhibit not just bacteria growth but also provide an optimal pH which prevents moulds and fungals. This element is exceedingly difficult to achieve and the entire process results in a product which will generally last for 18 months refrigerated or 12 months unrefrigerated.
9. Some of our products require further stability due to the high growth factor (essentially bacteria food) of compounds such as Hyaluronic Acid which comes from corn, a prime bacteria growth source. So compounds such as caprylic acid, an isolate of coconut, helps to further offset this growth, while still keeping the formula gentle and safe on skin with the 100% natural ethos.
10. We refrigerate immediately. At Organic Health, we have a lot of fridge real estate. This is one part of the business where other cosmetic companies throw their hands up in the air and walk away as they can't keep up with our attention to detail! So your newly made product is immediately stored at between 4c-6c and will be here for approximately 1-2 weeks before you purchase it. This is why your products smell so good and so different to what's out there, as you're smelling real freshness! We make these batches weekly, adjusting size depending on demand, so you are guaranteed to get a product which is extremely fresh, whilst being entirely bacteria-free.
11. Packaging. Our volatile emulsions such as the serum, use an airless dispenser which helps to keep your product stable, this means your serum has no contact with the outside bacteria-filled environment. As for our famous hand made glass jars used to house the French Perfusion, you needn't worry! The Perfusion is the least bacteria friendly product of all of our range, this is due to the optimal electrolyte / pH balance of these particular ingredients with no yeast or mould causing compounds like hyaluronic acid and no damp substances like micas or clays.
12. Oxidisation: Our products are protected against oxidisation (oils going rancid caused by oxidation and heat) by the use of the highest grade Vitamin E, natures natural antioxidant. Where other companies use a cheaper synthetic variant of Vitamin E, one which is considered potentially carcinogenic, Organic Health uses on a totally natural and potent D-Alpha Tocopherol which is at least 87% active. We use enough to keep your product protected for at least two years in warm weather. The added benefit of this ingredient is it is a wonderful antioxidant for your skin.
A note about essentiel
Essential is one of the more interesting products in our range, it's the most stable product we have and can withstand more than 2 years in a high temperature environment. This is due to the zinc oxide that we use, which has natural antibacterial properties. This is the same reason essentiel is so good for acne-prone skin, or skin with wounds and blemishes, as the zinc is natures wound healer, and this is partly achieved due to it's inhibiting of infection. So the next time you reach for your essentiel, remember it's not only strengthening your skin, but it's perfectly assimilated with your skins natural pH!
A note about reflexe body serum and coconut
Reflex is high in virgin coconut oil, as it's one of the best oils you can have on your skin. All fats are made up of acids, typically 7 or 8. Coconut contains lauric and caprylic to name a few. It is these same acids which help to heal eczema and prevent bacteria growth, meaning our body serum is one of the most naturally stable products of its type and contains the best body friendly oils.
Ingredients of individual products
126gm French Perfusion: At 35% of the highest grade plant oils, it's rich enough to moisturise even the driest skin without feeling too heavy. The rich organic Aloe Vera Gel base contains 75 additional powerful skin nutrients. Our D-alpha-Tocopherol variant of Vitamin E imparts a minimum of 1300IU, more than double that of products made with synthetic Vitamin E. The Vitamin A, Ubiquinol and Squalane work to de-oxidise your skin all through the night. All this in a generous sized, 126g glass-like airless dispenser which keeps your product fresh for 24 months.
- 50ml anti ageing serum: Formulated with 12% Hyaluronic Acid giving you a visible, instantaneous wrinkle reduction as well as ever-improving skin restoration from longterm use. The serum contains an industry-leading 20% Vitamin C in the most potent form: Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, a stable water-soluble molecule which penetrates the skin deeply and is a proven skin brightener and pigmentation repairer. For a firming facial lift, look no further than DMAE, our firming natural protein molecule which lifts skin sag. No serum should be without Raspberry Seed oil, a fast-acting dark oil rich in potent antioxidants and polyphenols which help de-oxidise the skin.
10% R-Alpha Lipoic Acid, the most potent of all antioxidants, it is both water and oil-soluble and actively works to assist in repairing cell damage, resulting in visibly glowing skin. Ubiquinol, the most costly form of CoQ10 imparts superior antioxidant power that other serums made with the Ubiquinone version of CoQ10 do not possess. Ubiquinol is up to six times more effective than Ubiquinone and is the antioxidant form which neutralizes free radicals and decreases cellular damage. Ubiquinone does not have this antioxidant effect.
- 126gm hydration boosting liquid facial cleanser toner:
126g - Large Size
Gentle enough for facial cleansing twice-daily
Airless Technology pushes every last drop of product up
Petroleum, SLS and Synthetic Free
Plant-derived Ionic surfactant technology
Natural Essential Oils including Myrtle and Immortalis Flower
- White exfoliating glove: When lathered with the cleanser 1-2 times a week, it creates a rich, silky, glide for a simple, yet important microdermabrasion.
Elastin, Collagen and Skin Ageing: When it comes to reducing wrinkles look no further than how much collagen you are producing. Aloe Vera Gel activates fibroblast cell growth factor and stimulates the activity and proliferation of these cells, which dramatically improves your collagen production as well as improving the elastin matrix. This results in real-world improvements to suppleness, fine and deep lines, and the ability of the skin to spring back after activities such as smiling or squinting, over time this means far less new lines and a visible reduction in existing lines.
Perfusion anti-âge: Pure Aloe Vera Gel (100% organic aloe barbadensis), Rose Hip Seed Oil (organic virgin eglantaria cold pressed), Argan Oil (organic virgin argania cold pressed), Jojoba Oil (organic virgin simmondsia chinensis cold pressed), Raspberry Seed Oil (organic virgin rubus idaeus cold pressed), Avocado Oil (organic virgin persea americana cold pressed), Shea Butter (organic virgin vitellaria paradoxa cold pressed), Squalane (vegan), Vitamin E (100% active natural d-alpha-tocopherol), Cetyl Stearyl Fatty Alcohol (natural plant), Vitamin A (retinyl palmitate), Coq10 (Ubiquinol), Pure Essential Oils.
Sérum anti-âge: Pure Aloe Vera Gel (100% organic aloe barbadensis), Vitamin C 20% (magnesium ascorbyl phosphate), Hyaluronic Acid 12% (vegan), Alpha-Lipoic Acid 10% (chirally correct r-lipoic), Raspberry Seed Oil 9% (organic virgin rubus idaeus cold pressed), DMAE (dimethylethanolamine), Niacinamide (B3), Co-Enzyme Q10 (ubiquinol), Vitamin E (D-alpha-Tocopherol), Caprylic Acid (coconut), Magnolia Flower Oil Absolute, Essential Oils.
Ionique Facial Cleanser: Pure Aloe Vera Gel (100% organic aloe barbadensis), Raspberry Seed Oil (organic virgin rubus idaeus cold pressed), Jojoba Oil (organic virgin simmondsia chinensis cold pressed), Kiwi Seed Oil (organic virgin Actinidia Chinensis cold pressed), Decyl Glucoside, Vitamin E (100% active natural d-alpha-tocopherol), Witch Hazel, Co Enzyme Q10 (Ubiquinol), Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Citric Acid, Caprylic Acid, Natural Isolates, Essential Oils.
Bar de nettoyage: Shea Butter (organic virgin vitellaria paradoxa cold pressed), Coconut Oil (organic virgin cocos nucifera), Argan Oil (organic virgin
argania cold-pressed), Distilled Spring Water, Vegetable Glycerin, Witch Hazel, Castor Oil, Ethyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Sucrose, Jojoba Oil (organic virgin simmondsia chinensis cold-pressed), Co-Enzyme Q10, Pure Essential Oils.
Essentiel: Pure Aloe Vera Gel (100% organic aloe barbadensis), Zinc Oxide, Raspberry Seed Oil (organic virgin rubus ideaus cold pressed), Argan Oil (organic virgin argania cold-pressed), Jojoba Oil (organic virgin simmondsia chinesis), Rosehip Seed Oil (organic virgin eglantaria cold-pressed), Squalane (Olive), Natural Mineral Mica, Co-Enzyme Q10 (idebenone), Vitamin E (natural tocopherol), Niacinamide (B3), Hyaluronic Acid (vegan), White Tea Extract, Collagen, Witch Hazel, Bentonite Clay, Cacao Powder, Cetyl Stearyl Fatty Alcohol (natural plant fat), Caprylic Acid (coconut), Honeysuckle (Lonicera Caprifolium, Lonicera Japonica), Silica, Pink Lotus Absolution, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Ginger Lily.
Réflexe: Pure Aloe Vera Gel (100% organic aloe barbadensis), Shea Butter (organic virgin vitellaria paradoxa cold pressed), Coconut Oil (organic cocos nucifera), Jojoba Oil (organic virgin simmondsia chinesis), Argan Oil (organic virgin argania cold pressed), Rosehip Seed Oil (organic virgin eglantaria cold pressed), Avocado Oil (organic virgin persea americana cold pressed), Jojoba Ester, Vitamin E, Vitamin C Ester (Ascorbyl Palmitate), Emulsifying Wax, Niacinamide, Hyaluronic Acid, Co Enzyme Q10, DMAE (Dimethylethanolamine), Lonicera Japonica Extracts (Honeysuckle Extract), Caprylic Acid (from Coconut), Essential Oils.
Aloe Hand Sanitizer: Ethyl Alcohol 70%, Aloe Vera Gel, Kiwi Seed Oil, Raspberry Seed Oil, Rosehip Seed Oil, Jojoba Oil, White Lotus Absolute, Oakmoss Absolute, Lemongrass Absolute, Lily Absolute, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Ginger Lily Absolute, White Ginger Lily Absolute, Blue Lotus Flower Absolute, Pink Lotus Flower Absolute, Yarrow Blue Chimazulene Absolute, Sandalwood Absolute, Vitamin C L-Ascorbic Acid, Grapefruit Absolute, Orange Oil, Guar Gum, Hydrogen Peroxide** (0.125%).